One of the most heavenly travel experiences in the world has to be walking through Seville, Spain during the springtime. The sun is already warm, the people are ready to party, and the air is infused with the intoxicating scent of orange blossoms. It’s both romantic and electrifying, sensations that can be used to describe orange essential oil as well.
Orange essential oil is extracted from the peel of its namesake fruit. It is typically obtained via cold-press extraction methods, which means the oil stays pure. This oil has some powerful properties and health benefits. Let’s find out what this wonderful essential oil can do for you.
Uses for Orange Essential Oil
- Orange oil is an amazing choice for aromatherapy. The aroma is bright and energizing, just like the color of the fruit. If you are feeling depressed or lethargic, try a few drops of orange oil to your favorite diffuser. You’ll instantly feel a revitalizing spiritual lift. For more information about blending this oil, see our tips in the next section.
- This oil has powerful antibiotic and antimicrobial properties. Try making a household cleaning solution and add a few drops of orange essential oil. It can be used as a sanitizing scrub or spray for all the dirty surfaces in your home. As an added bonus, it will leave your home smelling so fresh.
- Orange oil is good for the skin. It improves circulation, which can help reduce inflammation in problem areas on your face or body. Try adding a few drops of this oil to a carrier oil, like olive oil or coconut oil. Test the mixture on a small patch of skin first, in case of irritation. If your skin reacts positively, apply it to any problem areas.
- Orange essential oil may be helpful as an antiaging skin treatment. It’s believed to help stimulate collagen production in the skin. Ask your dermatologist for recipes or remedies that incorporate orange oil. Try it and see how orange essential oil can help eliminate signs of aging, like lines and puffiness under the eyes.
- Add a bit of orange essential oil to hair treatments, body scrubs, or lotions to enjoy an invigorating rush. Just a few drops are all it takes to be effective. Using orange oil in your beauty routine will awaken the senses and keep you feeling confident and fresh.
- Make your own perfume! Mix a bit of orange oil with a carrier oil and apply it to your pressure points. You’ll be smelling fresh and light all day. We have some scent other suggestions in the section below.
Orange Essential Oil Blends
Orange is a citrus oil like its cousins, lemon and grapefruit. Citrus oils are fantastic to use in aromatherapy because of their versatility. They blend well with spicy scents, herbals, florals, and woodsy scents too. It depends on the type of aroma that you wish to achieve: soothing, relaxing, energizing, romantic, etc. Experiment and find a recipe that you like. If you need more specific advice, we think orange oil blends particularly well with lavender, oregano, basil, sandalwood, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and clove.
Where to Buy Orange Essential Oil
Orange essential oil is available at many online and traditional retailers. Walmart and Target both stock varieties of this oil, as does Amazon. If you favor a certain essential oil brand, like Young Living or Doterra, you can contact their representatives or online store about orange oil or other essential oils. One thing you may notice while looking for this oil is that it comes with different names or descriptions. For example, Doterra sells a wild orange oil, while other companies label their products as pure orange, sweet orange, etc. The aromas may differ slightly, but they are more or less the same oil. It’s more important to look for 100% pure oil, regardless of the variety. Try a few and discover your ideal orange essential oil!