Jasmine essential oil comes from the blossoms of the jasmine plant. This plant is celebrated for its wonderful fragrance and charming tiny flowers. People plant it in their gardens to enjoy a bit of color and whimsy, especially near patios and over doorways. But Jasmine has benefits that extend far beyond the realm of aesthetics. The oil from this plant is a crucial part of any beauty and wellness routine.
So, what is jasmine essential oil good for? How can you use it to improve your health? Let’s find out.
Uses for Jasmine Essential Oil
- The scent of jasmine makes for a wonderful perfume. It’s feminine, sensual, and sophisticated. It’s highly coveted by the perfume industry, but many commercial perfumes have toxic chemicals. You can make your own jasmine perfume with a few drops of this oil and a carrier oil. Wear your jasmine essential oil perfume on your wrists and neck and enjoy the scent all day long.
- The aroma of jasmine also makes it an ideal essential oil for use in aromatherapy. It’s sweet, but in a relaxing way. Try adding a few drops to your essential oil diffuser and feel your anxieties melt away.
- It blends well with many other oils. Orange, lemon, lavender, rosemary, sandalwood, rose, and frankincense all blend nicely with jasmine essential oil. Look for recipes online or experiment on your own to find the perfect jasmine blend.
- Jasmine essential oil has benefits for your skin. It helps soothe and moisturize irritated or dry skin. It’s a very gentle oil, but it should still be diluted with a carrier oil before applying it topically. Use a small amount of this jasmine mixture on your face or other dry areas and you will notice results. It will improve the blood’s circulation to your skin which encourages healing and elimination of toxins from the body.
- You can also use jasmine essential in your hair. It works against humidity to eliminate any frizzy or unruly hair, especially in tropical or rainy climates. Apply a few drops of this oil to a brush and comb it through your hair. You will notice how silky smooth your hair becomes. Jasmine oil can also be used to give a nice hair conditioning or a relaxing scalp massage. You can find more recipes online.
- As we mentioned, jasmine oil is a very sensual scent. In fact, it’s even considered a natural, organic aphrodisiac. Use this fragrance to set the mood in the bedroom and observe your partner’s reaction. Enjoy!
Why is Jasmine Essential Oil So Expensive?
We aren’t going to lie; pure jasmine essential oil is expensive. You can easily spend $100 or more on a small bottle. This is because jasmine oil- and we mean 100% pure, absolute jasmine oil- is very expensive to produce. It takes thousands of jasmine petals just to make one ml of jasmine absolute essential oil!
But there is good news. Because the jasmine aroma is so concentrated, you will never need to use more than a few drops. Even if you wear it daily as a perfume, it will last you for a long time.
Some companies, such as Now essential oils, also sell a jasmine fragrance oil. This oil contains a small portion of jasmine essential oil mixed with other scents. This is not the same as 100% pure jasmine oil, but it is much cheaper and it’s an acceptable alternative if you just want the aroma of jasmine. As always, make sure to read the label and avoid products that have synthetic oils or other harmful chemicals mixed in.
Where to Buy Jasmine Essential Oil
Because of the high price, jasmine essential oil is a bit more difficult to find than some other oils. Doterra does not currently make this oil, but Young Living and some other companies do. Check Amazon to get an idea of prices and quality. You may also wish to buy this oil wholesale which will make it much cheaper per dose. As we mentioned above, there are also fragrance oils available which use a small quantity of jasmine oil in their formulas. Think about how you will use this oil in your life and purchase accordingly!